Monday 11 August 2008

My first post

I'm happy to see my co-blogger is getting down to business already, but I need a little introductory chat. That's just the way I am. :o)

I've always had a strange relationship with blogs. I kept a blog in my native language for years. I didn't advertise it, didn't comment on other people's blogs, didn't allow comments. It was not exactly popular, with probably no more than a handful of readers. Only a couple of them have ever written to me. I think most subjects I wrote about weren't interesting for most people, and the combination of subjects I wrote about wasn't interesting for anyone but me. And even so, most of the time I felt that if the blog wasn't mine I'm not even sure I would read it. So I always had the feeling I would like to be doing something better with my blog. But I enjoyed keeping it anyway. Sometimes I didn't write anything for a few weeks, but then I felt like writing something and I was happy the blog was there.

After a few months of abandonment, I officially left my last blog to start this one. For the first time in english - because the internet is global, and if I can write in english then why not? - and for the first time with a co-blogger - because he also wanted to start a blog. Not much thought was given to any of the aforementioned decisions, but I'm confident both were good ideas. At least until proven otherwise. lol.

On my part, I'll try to make this a blog that I would read if it was somebody else's. That's all I can wish for. To meet my own standards. So welcome to Good day and good mental health!